BIG Trout, that’s our thing. So if you’re looking for trophy sized lake trout, this is it.
Fly-out on a charter float plane over 200 miles North of Yellowknife to Point Lake, one of the largest rivers on the Coppermine River system. Typically ice-free by the second week in July, Point Lake offers the ideal environment to fish for trophy lake trout. And it’s no wonder that MonsterQuest sent wildlife biologist Dick Sternberg to investigate the giant lake trout that eluded angler Conrad Pilon. After struggling to reel in a fish he had on the line for hours the fish eventually got away when his equipment couldn’t take the tension and snapped. This is one of the reasons a minimum of 25lb test line is recommended.
Aside from the legendary story and others like it there have been many that have been successfully caught and released, the current record is 58lbs.
Enjoy the camaraderie of small groups and personalized service.
2020 Available Dates
- July 23 – 30
- July 30 – Aug 06
- August 11 – 18
If you’re interested in booking an exclusive group and have particular fishing dates in mind, please contact our office.
Number of Participants
Minimum: 4 Maximum 10-12
- Scenic return charter float plane flight to Peterson’s Point Lake Lodge
- Seven nights accommodation
- Three delicious meals per day (including packed or shore lunch option)
- Guides (1 guide per 2 guests)
- Boats, equipped with dual motors, fuel, cushioned swivel seats
- Lodge Gear including: on-board fish finders, rubber boots & life jackets*
- Personalized shuttle to and from the Yellowknife airport, hotel & float base
- Celebratory continental breakfast at float base prior to your flight to the lodge
* lodge fishing rods and reels are available, please be sure to let us know in advance if you need some gear.
What’s Not Included
Taxes, meals in Yellowknife, fishing license, fishing equipment and tackle, personal items, specialty beverages, travel insurance (trip cancellation insurance) emergency medical coverage, gratuities. Any expenses incurred due to delays caused by inclement weather, mechanical or other reasons beyond our control.
Fishing licenses can be purchased online or at our lodge tackle and gift shop. Please let us know if you’ve purchased your license online.
All rates are USD per person and based on double occupancy. Single guests can sign up to fish with another angler and/or share a room with another person of the same gender at the regular rate. If a single guest prefers to have a private room, this option is available pending lodge capacity and space. Alternate option is to book a single private room.
A deposit of $1,500.00 is required to confirm your reservation. Deposits are non-refundable, substitutes are allowed. Balance is due June 1st.
Catch & Release
We employ a catch & release policy and, make exception for those tasty shore lunches.